Read the proverbs. What do you think they mean? Do you agree?
Example: Rome wasn’t build in a day.
Student: I think that it means that big projects aren’t finished quickly. They take a lot of time and you need to be patient.
List of proverbs:
- He who was bitten by a snake avoids tall grass (Chinese)
- Silence was never written down (Italian)
- Stars are not seen by sunshine (Spanish)
- Skillful sailors weren’t made by smooth seas (Ethiopian)
- The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
- Great trees are envied by the wind (Japanese)
Опубликовано: 04 октября 2021